A bold kitchen design isn’t for everyone. But, even if you like to play it safe in interior design, there is something to behold about a kitchen that takes a risk. You can create a bold kitchen design using many different techniques, which we’ll explain below by showcasing some truly remarkable kitchens!
8 AMAZING BOLD KITCHEN DESIGNS
1. Black and White BeautyThis kitchen is bold and contemporary, while also giving off a slightly traditional feel. The Black and white cabinets contrast beautifully. An island is always a great place to add contrasting cabinets. The waterfall Torquay quartz countertop from Cambria edge give it a dramatic look and the brass hardware and light fixtures really set off this design!
2. Monochromatic CraftsmanThis kitchen is striking! The monochromatic look works so well, especially when contrasted with the dark kitchen island. It evokes the feeling of the woods with the green handcrafted Wellborn Cabinets and natural looking wood floors. The quartz, glass subway tile and chrome hardware give it a modern feel without feeling too cold.
3. Middle Eastern EleganceThis neutral kitchen makes a bold statement with a pink arabesque accent tile and fun pink lantern pendants. The 42″ cabinets give a dramatic look and the gold hardware brightens up the space. The Ocean Jasper Silestone Countertops tie it all together. This is a great look for those who want different, but not too crazy.
4. Coastal CoolThis crisp white kitchen makes a bold statement with bright blue subway tile and brass hardware next to stunning Wellborn Cabinets. The reflective countertops and bead board ceiling draw your eye across the space with ease. This is a fun, airy design that would work great in a coastal home or anywhere in the country!
5. Detailed DomeThis bold kitchen is incredible! While most of us don’t have this incredible ceiling to tile, they made the most of this space with the stunning herringbone brick pattern. The grey and navy coordinate so well, and the Cambria Seagrove Quartz Countertops feature both colors, streamlining the design. The cream hearth above the stove adds the perfect bit of contrast. The details such as corbels and a stunning farm sink take this design to another level.
6. Red VictorianThis quirky red victorian kitchen brings the best of the old world into this century. The contrasted island and classic Victoria Quartz Countertops make it sight to behold. The carved detailed accents and copper hardware pulls it all together and make this bold kitchen a space to remember.
7. Funky ContemporaryThis fun contemporary kitchen features things a little bit outside of the norm. The fun green glass subway tile is in a vertical pattern, making is more unique. The Slab style Waypoint Cabinets are paired with open shelving made of glass, so it really opens the space up. The bar is almost restaurant style and the addition of the fun thimble shaped barstools really sets the design off. It goes to show you the most unexpected elements can make up a stunning and bold kitchen!
8. Cool Urban EateryThis contemporary style bold kitchen features slab cabinet doors in a rich espresso. The bar pulls keep the lines clean, as seen in the rest of the space. The open shelving is modern and trendy, while the red mosaic backsplash is unexpected. A crisp Coswell Cream Silestone quartz countertop is the light neutral this space needed to come together.
Builders Surplus is a full service renovation company with locations in Louisville, Kentucky, and Newport, Kentucky, which also serves Cincinnati, Ohio. We specialize in interior design, kitchen design, bathroom remodel, building materials, and home improvement. Interior Design and measurements come as a free service to our clients. We sell building materials ranging in every price point, from unfinished kitchen cabinets to top of the line Wellborn cabinets. In addition to interior design, we also offer installation services. If you have any questions or would like to set up a free design consultation with one of our interior designers, we would encourage you to do so. We love sharing our knowledge with clients & potential home renovators. We write about interior design, home decor, decorating ideas, and home improvement. We hope you’ll check back in for our next article! Happy Renovation!
Written By: Allie Bloyd