Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD is a multifunctional tile substrate and building panel, which can also be used for creating bonded waterproofing assemblies with tile coverings. It consists of an extruded polystyrene foam panel, with a special reinforcement material on both sides and fleece webbing for effective anchoring in thin-set mortar.KERDI-BOARD can be used in a multitude of interior applications. KERDI-BOARD is not intended for exterior applications.
With the available panel thicknesses of 3/16″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/2″, and 2″ (5, 9, 12.5, 15, 19, 25, 38, and 50 mm), KERDI-BOARD allows the installer to prepare and create a broad range of substrates and building elements for the installation of ceramic and natural stone tile that are flat, level, plumb, square, and dimensionally stable. With suitable preparation of the abutting seams and joint areas, the panel may be used for bonded waterproofing assemblies.
The boards are simply cut to size with a utility knife. The gridlines, which are printed on the surface, are helpful for neat and quick cuts and installation. Tiles can be installed directly over KERDI-BOARD using the thin-set method.
|Dimensions||96 × 48 × .5 in|
|In Store Only Purchase|
Fully embedded KERDI-BOARD
Any board thickness suitable
1. Remove all surface contaminants from the substrate that may weaken the bond.
2. Apply thin-set mortar to the substrate and/or onto KERDI-BOARD with a notched trowel. The mortar must bond to the substrate and mechanically anchor the fleece on the KERDI-BOARD surface.
3. Apply the panels to the wall and firmly press them in place to ensure full coverage.
4. Tightly abut the individual panels and align them appropriately.
5. The tiles can be installed immediately using Schluter-SET, Schluter-ALL-SET, Schluter-FAST-SET, or unmodified thin-set mortar. Choose a notched trowel to match the tile format, and back-butter the tiles, if necessary, to attain full coverage.
Note: If the bond between the thin-set mortar and substrate is questionable, additional mechanical attachment with the KERDI-BOARD-ZSD anchors or KERDI-BOARD-ZT washers and corresponding screws is required. Fasteners are installed after the thin-set mortar has hardened.
Note: See section “Waterproofing” on the use of KERDI-BOARD in bonded waterproofing assemblies.