Salmon Patty Salad: Healthy, Quick & Easy Recipe
Today’s blog will be covering one of my favorite recipes that I make for my family regularly; Salmon Patty Salad! It is one of the most affordable, healthy and delicious meals that I make, so I thought I would share it with you! Here’s what you’ll need:
Salmon Patty Salad Ingredients:
- 1 can of Alaskan Pink Salmon
- 1 Egg (Accidentally put two in the picture)
- 1/4 Onion
- 1/2 Avocado
- One Tomato
- Cheddar Cheese (Or Cheese of Choice)
- Lettuce or Fresh Spinach
- Mixed up Salt or Salt and Pepper
- Dressing of Choice, I like Italian or Balsamic for this
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- Olive oil/Pam Olive Oil Spray
How To Make a Salmon Patty:
- First, open and drain your can of salmon. Put it in a bowl big enough for mixing.
- Next, I dice my onions. You can use as many or as few onions as you like, but I find that about 1/4 of the onion is a good amount.
- Add your onions into your bowl with the salmon. Add your egg and 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Next, you’ll add your seasoning. You can use whatever seasoning suits your pallet but I find that oregano and salt and pepper mix works well. I add about 1 tablespoon of oregano and 1-2 teaspoons of salt and pepper mix, but season to taste.
- Now, you’ll mix it all together. I typically just use my hands to really get it mixed well. You’ll need to use your hands to form them into patties anyway, so just go ahead and get dirty!
- I like to prep my salads before I make my salmon patty, so that as soon as they’re done, I can toss them on top of the salad, hot, and serve! I dice up my lettuce or lay out my fresh spinach leaves, cut half of an avocado in small sections, dice my tomato, pull my cilantro, spread cheese to my preferred amount, and add croutons. You can add the dressing before or after you put your salmon patty on, but it doesn’t really matter either way, as it typically all ends up mixed together in the end.
- Once you have thoroughly mixed your patties together, get your pan on the stove. I like to have my heat up to 6 or 7.
- Form 4 patties out of the mixture and flatten as much as possible. put on heat for about 4 minutes on each side, checking occasionally, until browned and crispy.
- Once your salmon patty is done cooking (one batch usually makes 6 for me), throw one or two on top of your salad, depending on how hungry you are, or how big you made your salmon patty.
- Finally, you’re ready to eat!
This entire recipe takes about 20 minutes. Its healthy, fresh, and satisfying. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Builders Surplus is a full service renovation company with locations in Louisville, Kentucky, and Newport, Kentucky, which also serves Cincinnati, Ohio. We are one of the leading providers of kitchen cabinets, kitchen countertops, backsplash tile, and cabinet hardware in Louisville, Newport, and Cincinnati. We specialize in interior design, kitchen design, bathroom remodel, building materials, and home improvement. Interior Design and measurements come as a free service to our clients. We sell building materials ranging in every price point, from unfinished kitchen cabinets to top of the line Wellborn cabinets. In addition to interior design, we also offer installation services. If you have any questions or would like to set up a free design consultation with one of our interior designers, we would encourage you to do so. We love sharing our knowledge with clients & potential home renovators. We write about interior design, home decor, decorating ideas, and home improvement. We hope you’ll check back in for our next article! Happy Renovation!